Jaden's Family

Jaden's Family
Mother's Day 2007 at Cunningham Falls

Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Jaden Caiyang Stokes
Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Dinner Time!!!

Dinner Time!!!
Dinner Time!!!

Friday, July 27, 2007

We're in Guangzhou !!!








It's 9:43 a.m. in Guangzhou. We are at our last destination in the White Swan Hotel on the Pearl River. From what we can see (it's dark)we are on a beautiful island. The White Swan is on an island that originally was a beach on the Pearl River that was separated from the mainland in the Qing Dynasty and turned into an island which overlooks the River on one side and has the city at its back. We will really enjoy this city. Although it gets very hot and humid in the 110+ so I will venture out in the evenings. We arrived tonight at 8:00 after a 1 1/2 hour flight. Jaden did great for her first flight. No problems at all. We are hoping that she will be as good on the 14 hour flight from Tokyo to Detroit. I am so excited to be here. I have been hearing about the White Swan Hotel since I met Julie and feel like we are almost home being here. The hotel is absolutely amazing. We have been staying in 5 star hotels this whole trip. They just seem to get better. The White Swan is located near the U.S. Consulate so 99% of the adopting families stay here so the hotel is all about accommodating to our needs. The shops right next to the hotel are all about the babies and everything we could possibly need for our trip and stuff to take home. They even have a shop to buy extra luggage. Everything here in China is soooo cheap. So we are in need of extra luggage already and have another 5 days of shopping to go. The ladies and I have already made plans to shop at night while the guys are with the babies at bed time.
Jaden is doing so great. We are so in love and I am seeing her open up more and more. Today she has been smiling and laughing and doing it without us having to really work for it. When we first became a family trying to get her to make any facial change took some major work. I told her she was really making me work for my rewards. But that is changing. Tonight she is lying in her crib and babbling and laughing up a storm. Oh this was cool. I was kinda waiting for the time that she would wake up and see me and smile... well today after nap she did. It was so great I was so happy it brought tears to my eyes. She is happy to have us. Tonight when we got to our room I got her ready for bed, changed her and gave her a bottle and she was looking up at me happily, so I told Ron I think she is very happy that she adopted us.
The Chinese people are very interested in us. They actually stop one another and point and stare and stand there in front of us staring and talking to each other. We all just smile and show them the babies. I asked Shiyan what they think and she told me that they think the babies are very lucky because they are orphans and will not have a future here in China and now they will have a wonderful future in America. I of course started crying and told her no WE are the lucky ones. Tonight on the flight a man was sitting next to us and had many questions and said Thank you! Again I got teary eyed and just shook my head no. They do not understand that not one of us has adopted these beautiful girls for them to be saved. We have been so blessed and when you meet Jaden you will feel the same way. She is ours and was from the moment she was conceived its just too perfect.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is even beautiful when she sleeps. She has the best Mommy & Daddy in the World!
Love,
Mimmie