Jaden's Family

Jaden's Family
Mother's Day 2007 at Cunningham Falls

Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Jaden Caiyang Stokes
Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Dinner Time!!!

Dinner Time!!!
Dinner Time!!!

Monday, July 30, 2007

One More Day!




It's 8;34 p.m. here in Guangzhou. Tomorrow is our last full day here. We leave the hotel at 5:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning and will be flying for 24 hours. We leave here in the morning and arrive the same day in the early evening in Maryland. I started packing tonight. We bought a suit case to bring back all our purchases. For the biggest suit case which is huge, probably eight Jaden's could fit in it, was only $18.00. Now the test will be if it makes it to BWI in one piece.
We went to the pearl market today and got a beautiful pearl necklace and earrings for me/Jaden. Getting a pearl necklace to give to Jaden on her wedding day from her own country was important to me. We could have gotten one in the States but never this quality for this price. It is unbelievable how inexpensive everything is here in China.
We bought some children's picture books that have the English and Chinese words. When we bought them the lady was testing meon my Chinese and told me I speak Chinese very well and asked if I had taken classes. I said no, and I think you are just trying to sell me more. I think she was buttering me up. The store ladies are very nice and kind and like to complement you and your baby. They remember your name so when you walk by the next day they call you by name and ask how the baby is doing and if you would like to come in the shop and see this or that. Now I just say no thank you I've already got one, because chances are I do! Back to the books...Jaden really likes playing with the books and I have been reading them to her and she looks at me with either a look of I understand you, or you are a crazy lady mom. I cant figure out that one yet but I am having fun with my version of Chinese either way. We hope for Jaden to learn Chinese when she is growing up. Ron and I want to learn too.
Today Jaden let us put her feet on the floor and try to walk and she was enjoying it. The squeaky shoes are an encouragement, she was smiling the whole time. We caught it on video so check it out on You Tube and I'm sorry in advance for starting the taping sideways again. But I fixed it as soon as I realized. My Bad!
I am going to rest now and wait for Ron to come back to the room from....shopping yup shopping.
Love to all,
Janel, Ron and Jaden

Nicholas and Jacob,
We are getting so excited to be able to finally say that tomorrow is our last day here because that means we get to see our babies soon. Oh my we love you two so very much and can not wait to kiss you and hug you and smell you and hear your voices. Your mommy and daddy are going to drive you crazy with lovens when we get home. Say your prayers tonight and remember to kiss eachother goodnight from us o.k.?
We love you,
Mommy and Daddy and Jaden too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your stories about shopping. Very funny! We CANNOT Wait for you to get home! Jaden looks soooooooooo happy, love her smile.
Love,
Mimmie

Unknown said...

Wow Nell does she walk good & she loves it. She is soooooooooooo happy I just love it and her already!!!!!
Get home so we can get ahold of Daddys little girl!
Love,
Mimmie