Jaden's Family

Jaden's Family
Mother's Day 2007 at Cunningham Falls

Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Jaden Caiyang Stokes
Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Dinner Time!!!

Dinner Time!!!
Dinner Time!!!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Our Last Day in Nanchang




Jaden is doing great. She is still crying for her Yeye (Grandpa) and Nainai (Grandma)and MaMa at times. I have been able to console her by rocking and singing to her. She really likes to snuggle and be chest to chest with me. She is so beautiful even when she is pouting or kinda crying. I will give her a toy to hold and try to get her to sit up off of my chest by interacting with a toy but she will just sit up take the toy and go right back down to my chest. And hold onto any toy she has for ever. She will share with me though which I was impressed with. She is smart too. If I put a stacking cup on her foot she will take it off and try to put it back on. She is not crawling and not able to really walk with help yet. Which I was o.k. with because I thought we had missed those milestones.
Yesterday was a great day because we got our first belly laugh. I of course had to act ridiculous to get it but that was easy for me to do. It was so rewarding because she has been kinda somber and very serious. She is so beautiful and even more so when she is smiling and laughing. Jaden even looks different to us since the first day. I can't explain it. She just looks better. She is also babbling more and having fun with us when we play on the bed. The book's and toys we brought have been a hit with her. The stacking cups that Julie gave us are perfect and the bubbles that Judy gave us are fun too. She hasn't really reacted to them but atleaste isn't scared of them. I asked Ron to pick her up a doll from Walmart, well that didn't go over well at all. It scared her so much she shook and kept looking for it on the floor we threw it away so she didn't have to see it again. She is also not too fond of the Bully we brought her. Most of you know Nicholas and Jacob have had theirs since they were born. So we brought one for her and stuffed animals are not going over too well yet. She did warm up to the little lamb that was on her shower cake today.
Right now she is laying in the crib behind me chewing on her tooth brush and talking. I like how she looks for me and makes sure I am still here. She does not like me to leave the room when I go into the bathroom. She is warming up to Ron and this morning was even smiling and scooching up to him when he was playing with her on the bed. She is a great eater. She will eat anything we give her. She HATES her bath. Ron and I are used to that because Nicholas and Jacob were even worse in the "tubby".
Yesterday we all went on a tour to the Teng Wang Pavilion. It is a beautiful Chinese building that has many floors to see. Most were for shopping, which we did. Nanchang is famous for their porcelain. It was 110 degrees Fahrenheit. We were all extremely hot and most of us couldn't bare the heat plus we were wearing our babies on us in the carriers. It was way too hot so we tried to get back to the hotel as soon as possible before we all started dropping like flies. One of our guides told us that Jaden's family was most likely steel workers in Xin Yu city. I thought that was interesting to know. Xin Yu is about 2 hours away from us. I also found out this morning that the babies are usually taken from their foster families and brought to the orphanage for a transition, however our Chinese Consultant Shiyan made it possible for our babies to be brought right from their foster families to us here at the hotel. I have confirmed that Jaden's Chinese name means Colorful Sun and it is pronounced TaiYang in Chinese or KaiYang in English.
We are packing to leave today at 2:30 p.m. for Guangzhou for our last leg of this journey. There Jaden will become an American citizen.
I wish I had been less tired and been able to post more often because you know how you think you will rmember everything and then...you don't.
Until next post!

Nicholas and Jacob, Mommy and Daddy miss you very much and can not wait to see you in 5 days. We are so proud that you have been such good brothers and taking good care of eachother. You will love your sister and I know she will love you too.
Kiss kiss and a big snuggle from both of us.
We love you!!!

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Congratulations, you guys!!! Jaden and the family look great! Thanks for sharing these moments of rich blessing with us...God is good. :)

Pastor Dan

Unknown said...

Hey Happy Family!
Sooo happy you are getting smiles,grins & giggles. Amen! So happy you will be home in 2 1/2 days. EVERYONE is excited to see your new daughter and Member of the family. Boys are great. Celeste is going to your house tomm and I sent toys for them. Love you tons. Thanks for all the info and pics.
Love,
Mimmie