Jaden's Family

Jaden's Family
Mother's Day 2007 at Cunningham Falls

Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Jaden Caiyang Stokes
Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Dinner Time!!!

Dinner Time!!!
Dinner Time!!!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

TOMORROW?

Do you believe it? I'm not even sure I do. I think Jacob is able to sum it up best. "No Nana, Mommy and Daddy aren't leaving tomorrow they are leaving the other tomorrow." Then he gets off the phone with her and comes up to me and says "mommy are you REALLY leaving TOMORROW?" I say yes Jacob we REALLY ARE leaving tomorrow morning when you wake up. No mommy for China? Yes baby for China! He's probably thinking well since I can remember they've been talking about going to China to get Jaden so whey then is tomorrow really the day?

Ahhhhh... Packing has been the most crazy thing. We are only allowed one check on bag per person and it can only weigh 44lbs. You try packing for 3 people for 15 days in 2 suitcases. I was going bonkers yesterday trying to figure it all out. A major headache set in. I was sitting in Jaden's room with a sea of clothes and zip lock bags with every possible medicine and necessity that I can think of needing in a foreign country. My mind racing what to bring, what not to bring, what do I have to bring, what can I leave here. Then finally to the rescue I was given 2 large suitcases, because I was trying to do this in 2 standard size not a good idea. I also got those space saver bags from Target and they work great. I tried the Space Bag brand but they ripped right away.

This morning I decided to make the 4 of us friendship bracelets so that the boy's will have a piece of me with them while we are gone. As I was making them I prayed for my little guys. Who thought I would have time to do crafts before leaving but it was nice to sit and think of something other than packing.

Speaking of praying please keep us all in your prayers. The boys for missing us and staying healthy, Jaden for everything you could imagine the bonding with us the mourning of her foster family and whats familiar to her and her health, for me to be headache free and stay healthy, and for Ron because he is going to be my rock and for his health.

I'll update next when we are in China. So til then!

Love,

Janel

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Janel & Ron,

Well, it is now Thurs evening in China. You'll finally get to go to sleep in a BED! I hope that you had a terrific first day in your daughters homeland.

We are praying for your family, and for a smooth transition with Jaden.

Love you!
Karen

Unknown said...

Nell & Ron,
I am thinking of you both & Jaden every second. I pray you guys have some fun/relaxing time as well, and of course we all cannot wait to hear from you when you get your daughter in your arms. God is with you every second and support and prayers from everyone are sent your way. Can't wait for you guys to get home.
P.S. Nell your words in your Blog are so beautiful, heartfelt and touching and I wanted to Thank you for taking the time to share your awesome experience w/ us along the way. I am sooooooooo proud of you, Ron and the Boys.
P.S.S. I sent gifts today to the boys,Mom & Frank which includes a Craft book for ideas on projects they can all do together fom items in the house. Also got both Nick & Jacob "school" books, curriculm for thier ages that are super fun and will keep them studying, having fun and busy while you are away. I love you guys soooooo much.
By the way I sold my house so I will come visit a week after you are home and if you want me to move to Maryland to be your permanent babysitter just say the word.
Write soon if you can
Love & Hugs,
Mimmie

Janel said...

To My Dearest Sister and Husband,

When it rains here at home. I cry tears of joy for you. When the sun is shining. I cry tears of praise. I saw the most unbelievable luna moth yesterday after your flight departed and cried because of the wonderous sagnificants.I miss you terribly.I am praying for you and all of your babies continually!!! I love you both so very much and am so proud of all your hard work and determination that youve put into loving Jaden! I can't wait to treasure the sight of you both holding your new daughter. Ive talked to Mom yester. and today and the boys are doing very well. Mom and Frank took them fishing today. I can't wait to here from you.

All my love!
Celeste

Julie Melton said...

We are so in love, and can only imagine how you are feeling!! I am overwhelmed with just how amazing God is in bringing you and Ron and Jaden and Nick and Jacob together. He is the one who matched her with your family. He is the one who protected her and took care of her. He is the one who is with you now! We can't wait to meet this sweet girl, to wrap our arms around her and bless her and for her to know that she is this cherished, delighted in, longed for answer to prayer.

And...isn't Cow and Bridge the best???? I think it's the best meal I've ever had in my life, but maybe that's because we were coming from Nanchang. Oh the stories we have to share!!!

See you soon--love you much,

Julie, Dan , Ally and Emma!!!