Jaden's Family

Jaden's Family
Mother's Day 2007 at Cunningham Falls

Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Jaden Caiyang Stokes
Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Dinner Time!!!

Dinner Time!!!
Dinner Time!!!

Thursday, July 5, 2007

12 More Days to China

We finally received our in country travel itinerary yesterday. We will fly into Beijing on July 18th and be there for 3 days touring all the famous spots including, an Acrobatic show, the Great Wall and Cloisonne Factory. Then to the day we have been waiting for... On the morning of July 23rd we will finally be handed our little Jaden. AHHHHHHHHHH Just imagine what that is going to be like. Wow! That will happen in Nanchang which is the city in Jaden's Province of Jiangxi. (You can click on the link titled "Map of China" on the right of the blog page to get a better idea of where we will be and explore more about China if you would like.) We will spend 4 to 5 days in Nanchang which will be really special since that is Jaden's city. We will try to drink in as much of the culture that we can and take lots of pictures so we can tell her all about it when she grows up.
Then we will go to Guangzhou which is a city in the Province of Guangdong and stay at the White Swan Hotel. I know a lot of you are familiar with the White Swan Hotel from Dan and Julie. Its a beautiful 5 star hotel that most families stay at when they are in China adopting. Quite an impressive Hotel from what I've heard and the pictures I've seen on the web.
While we are in each city we will be kept very busy doing all the proper meetings and adoption registrations.
I am still in shock and a bit nervous. I am trying really hard not to get anxious or worried about the little things and I am praying that every thing is as He has planned. We have been in no way in control of any of this whole process and if you know anything about me is that I like to be in control. So I am growing in this process too and feel that God is preparing me for Jaden.
I like letting you all know what's going on and hope that you feel more apart of the journey.
Ron and I will blog daily in China and attach pictures and video on to the blog for you all to see and share in this amazing beginning of Jaden's new life.

Love you all and again thanks for your excitement for us all.
Janel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janel-
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes - this is sooooooooooo wonderful. Please know that God loves you and this entire adoption journey is making you the person you are to be. You are and will be a different person because of this entire journey. God's blessings to your entire family - love, hugs and kisses!!! Judy

Unknown said...

Ron and Janel, Finally, I am so happy and excited for you. It's wonderful when everything happens in HIS time. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you travel to China and back....i wish i was there to meet her. love, Suhad