Jaden's Family

Jaden's Family
Mother's Day 2007 at Cunningham Falls

Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Jaden Caiyang Stokes
Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Dinner Time!!!

Dinner Time!!!
Dinner Time!!!

Sunday, July 8, 2007

10 More Days!

Today is Jaden's first birthday. We took the boy's to Toys R Us yesterday and they picked out a few toys to give her when she gets home. Nicholas picked a Sesame Street purse with accessories. Jacob thought that she might want a few new race cars and race tracks. So Daddy asked him to get something for girls. I think Jacob may have had other plans for the presents. Anyway with some help he did a great job picking out a toy doggie that she can pull and it barks.
We made a cake and tonight we sang Happy Birthday to Jaden and wished she was here with us celebrating her first birthday. Nana, Aunt De and Aunt Arla called today and sang happy birthday with some tears mixed up in there on our answering machine. And Grand Pa and Grand Ma called last night sending birthday wishes. Nana also had a card in the mail that we received yesterday. So the family is all very excited to get her home. I cannot believe that we are on the count down and its only 10 more days. I am going to keep myself very busy for the next week to make it go even faster. Which means that I will probably forget half of what I am supposed to be doing prior to the trip. But whatever doesn't get done, doesn't get done.
I've met a new family that live here in the community that just came home in April from China with their second daughter and their youngest turns 1 on Tuesday. I think its a blessing that Jaden will have a friend right down the road the same age and be able to grow up with another child that will have a similar birth and adoption story. We all know how it is when someone just "gets us" and we don't have to explain everything. And I am also thankful that I will have another mom that will just "get it" for me too.
God is so good, even as I type that I don't fully understand all that He has done to make this whole beautiful story come together and make it my family.
Oh so much is going through my head and my heart is busting at the seams.
I CAN NOT WAIT TO HAVE JADEN IN MY ARMS.
Happy Birthday little daugheter of mine!
Love to all and have a wonderful Sunday. Mine has been!!
Janel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dear Jadan!!!! You are THE most love little girl in the world. I cannot wait to meet you and kiss you 100 times!!!! Love, Miss Judy