Jaden's Family

Jaden's Family
Mother's Day 2007 at Cunningham Falls

Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Jaden Caiyang Stokes
Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Dinner Time!!!

Dinner Time!!!
Dinner Time!!!

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Our last day in Beijing

It's 5:39 a.m. here in Beijing. I have been up since 4:20 a.m. There is something about the 4:30 ish time here. A lot of us have been waking up automatically at that time every morning. Does anyone have any guess as to why that is?
I wanted to share some things that I thought were interesting about China and the people.
They have squat potty's. There are some western potty's but in public mainly squat pots. Its a rectangle shape whole in the ground that you squat over there is nothing sticking out of the ground like our toilets, you can flush though, and you have to bring your own paper because most of them don't have any.
The babies and toddlers wear split pants. Like ours except the seam is split in the whole crotch. So I've seen many bear bottoms and privates. Or the children have no bottoms on at all. I think they potty train very young and that leaves easy access.
The Chinese people are very fashion conscious. The ladies wear very nice clothes and lots of high heels. They even had high heels on at the Great Wall. I was in Keens which have a lot of traction and I had to be careful.
The pedestrians do not have the right away, very dangerous streets for those who are not used to it here. However they use their horns to kindly let the other drivers that are trying to merge over into their lane that "hey I'm here". It is crazy like New York City. 3 Million cars in Beijing alone.
The 2008 summer Olympics are going to be held here and there is a lot, I mean a lot of construction going on 24 hours a day. They build these apartment buildings to hold the construction workers right on the construction sight. Very simple rooms with lots of cots for sleeping.

Well I cant remember any more for now, so I'm off to shower for our last day in Beijing.

Lots of love to you all,
Janel and Ron

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Nell & Ron,
Your pictures are great and you guys look great despite how tired you might be. Thanks for clearing up what day it will be here when you get Jaden because I was driving Mom crazy saying "If it's Sat a.m to them does that mean it's Fri nite to us?" So glad to see pics of you guys and I am sure we will get ones when you get your daughter. The boys are sooooooooo funny, Mom calls and tells me the crazy things that come out of Jacobs mouth. He is hilarious! So are Mom & Frank. They are all having a good time.
God Bless you both.Your whole family is Always on mind and in my prayers. Keep Smiling! Do you see these comments?
Love,
Mimmie