Jaden's Family

Jaden's Family
Mother's Day 2007 at Cunningham Falls

Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Jaden Caiyang Stokes
Jaden Caiyang Stokes

Dinner Time!!!

Dinner Time!!!
Dinner Time!!!

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Another Long Day in China



Today we were bused all around China enjoying all the amazing sights. We went to the Cloisonne Factory and the Great Wall. It was pretty awesome to be standing on such a famous landmark some where that I never thought I would actually get to do in my life time. Some of the Chinese people are very taken by us Americans. They will stair at me sometimes its a bit awkward. At first I thought it was funny then after a few days it just feels weird. I'm not sure if its my freckles or light eyes. A family in our group brought their twin 8 year old boys with them and today at the Great Wall a mom put her 12 year old daughter next to them for a picture. When we were on the bus coming back to the hotel tonight a group of male construction workers stopped their work to look smile and wave at us. Like look at the weird looking people on the bus. We kinda feel like the animals at the zoo.
We are both very tired and would love to skip the touring tomorrow to catch up on rest but since we don't live down the road from the Forbidden City and Tianamen Square we think we will have to bite the bullet and join the tour. After the tour tomorrow we are taken to the airport for a flight to Nanchang. Monday morning for us and Sunday evening for you we will become Jaden's mommy and daddy. Not officially for a few days but at least she will be in our care.
We got to talk to the boys tonight which was really good. They are two funny kids. They had us laughing and wishing we were home. We love you very much!!

Until tomorrow from Nanchang,
Love to all!!
Janel and Ron

1 comment:

Janel said...

actually this is Celeste.

Janel and Ron,

Thank you so much for the call yesterday it was wonderful to hear your voice Janel. I have to tell you after looking at your blog pictures its not hard to figure out why people are looking at you continually.( Ron don't wear that get up in the streets.!! )
Well the big day is finally here. My heart knows it but my mind can't really believe that you'll have my niece in your arms today! I can't possibly imagine what you both are going through. I am certainly praying for the both of you and your new baby. Please call me as soon as you can once you have her in your arms. I don't care what time it is hear. I'm sure everyone will pop out of bed to hear your voice and any noise at all out of Jaden! I love you both so much and so wish I could have taken this trip with you. Have a wonderful Recieving Day!

All my Love,
Celeste